For two years I have been trying to figure out how to take what I do in live workshops and make it available to girls and parents electronically. I am not going to quit doing workshops, its' just that one two-hour event isn't enough. Your daughter needs more support than that. Once the good feeling and confidence has waned, she finds herself alone, again, with these realities:
- Self-esteem peaks at age 9 in girls (it plummets in middle school)
- Even the most confident and gifted girls tend to hide their intelligence and capabilities in high school
- As their bodies are maturing sexually they are being bombarded with messages encouraging them to become sexually active at alarmingly young ages
- Most adult are uncomfortable and unprepared to talk to girls (and boys for that matter) about sex and sexuality
- Just as they need adult guidance the most, preteens and teens pull away a bit (or even a lot) from their parents
To help build up, support, and inform girls (and their families), I'm happy to announce a new service that I have been working on for about 9 months. I have translated much of the content from my workshops into a new format that can be delivered, in bite-sized chunks, to teens, parents, and adults in general - directly to their mobile devices. How? Via text messages. The messages are targeted and drip a consistent message and stream of information designed to educate and support - you.
Click below to check it out!