You love your son.
You know him inside and out. Or you used to.
He’s growing up and changing. He may be pulling away or you are thinking he will any day now. You wonder what to do. Is there a way to stay close during the teen years? You hope so. You know you have a lot you an offer him as he transforms from boy to young man.
How to stay connected?
The key is in getting to know what your son is going through. That’s the first step. You know the teen years can be challenging for boys and for parents. You see it all around you.
How is your son managing so far? Has he gotten quiet? Pulled away? It seems like just yesterday he was carefree, confident, and even talkative (for a boy!). He may be moody. His circle of friends may be changing. He’s moving into the teen years and you know he’s got a lot coming at him.
Want your Son to Thrive?
Here are some of his realities:
- Testosterone increases 20x in the teen years (that’s huge)
- His body is becoming programmed to look for and want sex (he probably doesn’t understand those changes and urges, how could he?)
- He is prompted by the culture to look at pornography – but the images he sees are far more graphic than you can imagine and they include violence. He doesn’t know what to think. Is that how sex is supposed to work? He wonders. (FACT: 80% of kids ages 8-16 have viewed internet porn.)
- He learns from his male counterparts that the only feeling he can show is anger; he feels so much more than that. He has no idea how to channel his strong feelings. If he doesn’t figure this out he will erupt.
- If he’s not already there, in the upcoming years he will find himself drawn to girls. He may have uncontrollable fantasies. And then there are the uncontrollable erections. Is this normal? He wonders.
In the midst of all of this it’s your job, as his parent, to guide him. You’re not sure what is going through his mind. You wonder what to say to him. You may be unsure of how to talk to him about his changing body and the buildup of energy that he experiences every day. It’s a lot to consider.
What if you had a blueprint to show you how to stay connected to your son? What if you could give your son the guidance and knowledge he needs to confidently move through the teen years?
What if you could prepare your son with content and skills that would help him manage his:
- Changing relationships (with you, with his peers, and with girls)
- Changing body – with all of its uncontrollable aspects
- Anger and other strong emotions
- Sexuality - Yes, he’s a sexual being. He needs help learning how to integrate that into his self-concept and he needs to learn how to control his urges
Would you feel better if you knew your son was prepared to handle the massive changes the preteen and teen years bring?
You can provide the support and learning your son needs with this kit, Connecting with My Son.
Along with helping your son you’ll get plenty of guidance for Mom and Dad. The kit includes:
Specific content for parents so Mom and Dad:
- Understand the issues preteen and teen boys face
- Know how to keep the lines of communication open with their son, even as he pulls away
- Can teach authority and respect without strong-arming and alienating your son
- Understand the massive changes in his body and mind: emotions, sexual urges, sense of self
An audio component for parents and sons will help your boy learn about and manage:
- His strong feelings and how to channel his incredible male energy
- His changing body and the strong messages and urges it brings
- Changing relationships with parents, peers, and girls
- His sexuality
- Control measures
- Peer pressure
Don’t just take our word for it; Parents respond over and over with comments like these:
- “The program helped me connect with my son.”
- “I was able to teach my son values that he really needs.”
- “It helped me understand some issues my son may be grappling with.”
- “Pornography and masturbation are difficult topics for most of us to talk about. Thank you for helping us out. Your presentation allowed us to address these topics in a straightforward and comfortable way.”
- “It helped me address important topics with my boy. Especially the topics that no one seems to want to talk about. Thank you.”
The kit includes:
2 audio programs
One for parents
One for parents and boys to listen to together: Includes prompts for conversation and further learning
Who created the kit?
The author of this program is national speaker and family-life specialist, Amy Sluss. Amy has been working with preteen/teen families for over 16 years. She has helped thousands traverse the preteen and teen years. Amy is the mother of three children and a health care professional. Program leaders and parents have come to trust her and invite her back year after year. If you want to find out more you can Google Amy. But here’s what you will find, positive comment from participants and accolades from program leaders:
“Amy Sluss presented her professional and inspiring Coming of Age series to our middle school program. Parents and students alike gathered and learned. Participants were pleased, staff was pleased, and I was pleased. I highly recommend this program and Amy's work." – Rev. Padraig Greene, Parochial Administrator, Catholic Community of Pleasanton
"Amy is engaging and accessible and her masterful storytelling brings a depth of wisdom that is truly priceless." - Glenn Valois, San Diego, CA
"Amy captivated the entire group right away. She was passionate and engaged us all." - Karen Simkins, Boise, ID
"This is just the kind of quality programming we want to offer. Thank you!" – Liz Rogers, Director of Faith Formation, The Catholic Community of Pleasanton
That's less than it costs to take your son out to dinner and a movie - one time!
You'll get content that will help you for years.
For just $35.95 you can invest in your relationship and help your son master the teen years at the same time.
And here’s the clincher. If you’re not satisfied, you can get a refund. Yes, it’s 100% guaranteed to give you usable information and up-to-date content about raising a son and staying connected with him as he grows from boy to man.
Don’t wait another minute. Your son is growing up before your eyes and he will benefit from you understanding his world and the changes he’s going through. On top of all that, you’ll learn how to stay close to him as he becomes a young man.
It’s tricky territory.